There are many ways to unwind at the end of a long day. Some people enjoy taking a relaxing bath to ease pain and strain on the muscles that often comes with working all day. Baths can allow you to unwind physically and mentally, so you can enjoy your evening at home. Adding a bathtub pillow can make your bath time even more enjoyable.
Bathtub pillows are made of waterproof materials so they can easily be used everyday if desired. These pillows tend to be durable and should be easy to clean so you don’t have to worry about mold issues from being left in the tub. Bathtub pillows usually attach to your tub using suction cups. The following is a list of the 10 best bathtub pillows in 2019 based on reviews.
Best Bathtub Pillows:
10. Luxury Non-Slip Bath Pillow
The Luxury Non-Slip Bath Pillow from Coastacloud has a generous size when compared to many other bathtub pillows. It’s comfortable and easy to use so you can relax during your bath.
This pillow comes in a neutral color so it can easily fit in with your bathroom decor. The contoured shape forms to your neck and back for comfort.
- has 6 strong suction cups to keep the pillow in place
- is made of super soft fabric for comfort
- doesn’t require inflation
- easy to use and never needs to be reinflated
- features a hook on the top so you can hang it up to dry
- is made with a water permeable mesh
- takes up more storage space when compared to inflatable bath pillows
- not designed to be placed in the dryer
This machine washable bath pillow from Coastacloud has a contoured design to support your head, neck, and back. The pillow doesn’t require inflation and is made of a comfortable and cozy mesh material.
9. Non Slip Bath Pillow
The Idle Hippo non-slip bath pillow can be used in standard tubs, Jacuzzi tubs, and whirlpool tubs. It has a comfortable design and is made of a permeable mesh material that dries quickly to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
This bath pillow from Idle Hippo is small and lightweight, making it a good option for smaller tubs or for traveling. It has 4 suction cups on the back to attach it securely to your tub.
- ergonomic design supports the neck
- 3D ventilation helps the pillow dry quickly
- pillow is machine washable
- doesn’t have to be inflated
- has supportive areas for the head and neck
- extra strength suction cups prevent slippage
- pillow may stain easily from bath bombs or colored soaps
- has a rougher texture that some may not find pleasant to lay on
This bathtub pillow from Idle Hippo has a compact design with ergonomic features to provide support to your neck and head while you relax. The pillow has a breathable mesh material and can be washed in your washing machine.
8. GripMAX Premium Spa Bath Pillow
The GripMAX Premium Spa Bath Pillow has a super soft design to keep you comfortable while you relax in your tub. This pillow is made with 1.5″ of thick foam to support your neck and head.
This bathtub pillow from GripMAX includes 7 strong suction cups on the back. The unit is easy to attach to your tub and you can detach it when not in use by simply breaking the suction.
- larger than most bath pillows at 14.5″ by 11″
- contours to your head and neck
- made of waterproof materials
- designed to dry quickly to prevent the growth of mold and mildew
- affordable price
- thick foam prevents neck pain while you lay back in your tub
- can’t be used on tiled or textured tubs
- not machine washable
This bathtub pillow from GripMAX features strong suction so you don’t have to worry about it slipping during use. It’s made of a waterproof material that can be wiped clean as needed.
7. Viventive Luxury Spa Bath Pillow
The Viventive Luxury Spa Bath Pillow has an ergonomic design that provides support to the neck, back, shoulders, and head so you can completely relax during your bath.
This bath pillow from Viventive measures 14″ by 13″ which is ideal for use in any size bathtub. It has soft and supportive padding to keep you comfortable throughout your bath.
- twice as thick and soft as many other bathtub pillows
- 4 extra large suction cups are designed to stick securely
- ergonomic 2 panel design supports the upper body
- features 3D mesh technology material that allows water to flow in and out
- machine washable on cold
- includes a hanger for drying
- can’t be dried in a dryer
- texture of fabric may be irritating if you have sensitive skin
This thickly padded bathtub pillow from Viventive is designed with relaxation in mind. It supports your head, neck, back, and shoulders while you soak. The pillow is machine washable for convenience.
6. Homer’s Choice Bath Spa Pillow
The Homer’s Choice Bath Spa Pillow is made with anti-mold materials to prevent the growth of mold and mildew on your pillow. It features 2 panels that can support the neck, head, and back.
This bathtub pillow from Homer’s Choice uses air mesh technology with a 3D design that allows water to flow freely in and out of the pillow. This prevents it from getting saturated with water and sliding down while you’re using it.
- dries quickly
- made from breathable materials
- water flows through pillow to prevent buildup of grime
- resistant to mold and mildew
- can be used on most tubs
- includes 6 super strong suction cups to keep the pillow in place
- padding isn’t as thick as some other tub pillows
- can’t be used on a textured or tiled surface
This bath pillow from Homer’s Choice has a durable design with mesh to allow water to flow freely and and out of the pillow. This helps prevent the odors and mold, and also helps the pillow to dry quickly when you’re not using it.
5. Bath Pillow for Tub
This bath pillow from Shengsite features a permeable 3D mesh material so water can move into and out of the pillow. This helps prevent water from being trapped in the pillow, which often leads to mold and mildew.
This pillow is easy to care for and keep clean. It’s machine washable and can bu hung up to dry after each, and after washing, use to keep it free of odors.
- breathable and fast drying
- made of PVC-free materials
- supports the head, neck, and shoulders while you bathe
- 2 panel design is comfortable and supportive
- easily attaches to your tub with 6 non-slip suction cups
- air mesh technology helps it dry quickly
- not as large as some other pillow options for use in the bathtub
- can move around some during your bath
This bathtub pillow has mesh which allows water and air to move through the pillow. This helps the pillow dry quickly so it doesn’t grow mold and mildew. It has 6 large suction cups to attach it to your tub.
4. GORILLA GRIP Original Spa Bath Pillow
The Gorilla Grip Original spa bath pillow is one of the most affordable options available. This pillow has powerful gripping technology so it doesn’t move around even if you’re moving in the tub.
This bathtub pillow from Gorilla Grip is larger than many other tub pillows with a soft and comfortable design. It has 2 panels to provide support to your head, neck, shoulders, and back.
- 7 powerful suction cups are slip resistant
- made of waterproof material to repel water
- has 2″ thick foam padding
- can be wiped clean as needed
- provides orthopedic support so you can fully relax in the bathtub
- works on nearly any smooth bathtub surface
- won’t stick to most tiled or textured tubs
- top section is wide and may not work on tubs with smaller lips at the top
This bathtub pillow from Gorilla Grip has a supportive design with foam inside. The outside of the pillow is made of waterproof material which prevents water from seeping inside the pillow and causing the growth of mold, mildew, and odors.
3. Bath Pillow By Soothing Company
The Soothing Company bath pillow provides cushioning support while you relax in the tub. This pillow is soft and supportive to prevent pain and strain in your back, neck, head, and shoulders, allowing you to completely relax.
This pillow from Soothing Company features air mesh technology with a 3D mesh material that keeps you cool and comfortable while allowing water to freely move in and out of the pillow.
- 6 suction cups keep the pillow securely in place during your bath
- mesh material keeps the pillow hygienic and helps it dry quickly
- wave-pattern stitches add to the pillow’s comfort
- extra durable design
- breathable material helps prevent mold and mildew growth
- fits all types of bathtubs
- fabric may feel irritating if you have sensitive skin
- suction cups may slide slightly
This bath pillow from Soothing Company is machine washable and it includes a bag for use in your washing machine. It has mesh technology that allows it to dry quickly and also helps prevent molding.
2. Epica 2X-Thick Luxury Spa Bath Pillow
The Epica 2X-Thick Luxury Spa Bath Pillow is very affordable and comfortable to use. The pillow is made from a double-thick foam padding to support your body.
This bathtub pillow from Epica helps you create a spa-like experience at home. It features supergrip suction cups designed to prevent the pillow from moving around.
- includes 7 sturdy suction cups
- moisture resistant material prevents water absorption so the pillow dries quickly
- can be rinsed clean easily with a cloth
- has 2″ of foam padding for support
- pillow has 2 panels to provide comfort for the head, neck, and back
- can attach to most bathtubs securely
- not as soft and cushiony as some other bathtub pillows
- top suction cups may detach during use
This bath pillow from Epica is made with a waterproof material to prevent water from getting inside to the padding. This helps prevent mold, mildew, and odors, and also makes the pillow easy to clean.
1. AmazeFan Bath Pillow
The AmazeFan Bath Pillow has a luxurious design to help you relax and have a spa experience in your bath. This pillow fits nearly any bathtub including: Jacuzzi tubs, hot tubs, and standard bathtubs.
This bath pillow from AmazeFan allows water and air to permeate throughout which prevents mold and mildew, and also helps the pillow dry quickly when you’re done using it.
- breathable material is soft and comfortable
- 7 suction cups keeps the pillow in place during use
- 2 panel design contours to your neck for support
- suction cups are stitched in and secure
- pillow is machine washable
- includes a hook so you can hang it up to dry
- pricier than some of the other similarly designed bath pillows
- suction cups may slide around during use
This bath pillow from AmazeFan has breathable and water permeable material which helps it stay free of mold, mildew, and odors. The pillow is machine washable and includes a hook so you can hang it to dry.
When shopping for a bathtub pillow you should first consider the size and design of the pillow. Those with large tubs like garden and Jacuzzi tubs can accommodate a larger pillow. If you have a standard size bathtub you likely need to choose a smaller pillow so it fits easily in your tub. It’s also important to compare the different pillow options based on how they attach to your tub.
Most use suction cups and it’s important to choose one with quality suction cups so it stays attached while you’re using it. You should also be sure to choose a pillow that can easily be cleaned as they can mold due to constantly being in contact with water. Most are made of durable materials that can easily be wiped clean and left to dry after use.
You may also want to consider the type of filling used in the pillow. Some are inflatable while others are filled with some type of padding. It’s helpful to read online consumer reviews so you can choose a durable and long-lasting bathtub pillow to help you relax.