As a parent one of the most difficult things to deal with is a sick child, especially when they’re particularly young. It’s important to be prepared with all the things you may when your child is sick. One of the most important items to have around is a forehead thermometer. They are easy to use and stress-free for your kids.
Forehead thermometers work quickly to read your child’s temperature so you know immediately if they have a fever. Plus, using a forehead thermometer is much easier on your child. Most forehead thermometers can be used for babies, toddlers, and older kids. They are powered by batteries. The following is a list of the 10 best forehead thermometers for kids in 2019 based on reviews.
Best Forehead Thermometer For Kids:
10. 2019 Upgraded Baby Thermometer
This upgraded baby thermometer from URWILL has the latest in technology to provide you with quick and accurate results every time. This unit is easy to use and provides you with a digital readout.
The URWILL thermometer is reliable and accurate each time you use it. It uses infrared lens sensor technology to read the temperature of your child’s forehead and give a result in 1 second.
- can be used in the ear or on the forehead
- unit has a fever alarm for a temperature over 99.6 F
- silent mode allows you to use the thermometer while your child is sleeping without disturbing them
- quick and accurate results
- includes a large backlit screen so you can read the temperature in the dark
- memory feature can store up to 20 past readings
- may be more accurate when used in the ear than on the forehead
- it requires you to push the button several times to get a new reading
This thermometer from URWILL has a simple design with the latest in technology for accuracy. It has a fever alarm feature and lights up red when your child has a fever. It can read results in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
9. Exergen Temporal Scan Forehead Artery Baby Thermometer
The Exergen Temporal Scan Forehead thermometer is safe and easy to use. This thermometer works for people of all ages, including newborns. It measures the body’s temperature at the temporal artery for accuracy.
This forehead thermometer from Exergen has been shown to be the number one in accuracy when compared with other brands in over 70 published clinical studies.
- takes over 1000 scans per second to select the most accurate
- has a red LED light and soft beep to indicate an accurate scan
- soft glow screen lets you see the temperature in any light
- can be programed for Celsius or Fahrenheit
- powered by a 9 volt battery which is included
- the beep function can be turned off if desired
- only has a memory of 8 previous readings
- removing the battery cover to replace the battery can be challenging
This temporal thermometer from Exergen is designed like the ones used in doctor’s offices. This unit gets quick and accurate readings so you don’t have to disturb your child when they’re sleeping. It can also be used in a dark room.
8. TEIBAKY Thermometer for Fever
The TEIBAKY Thermometer has updated technology to provide quick and accurate readings with each use. This thermometer can be used in the ear or on the forehead.
This thermometer fro TEIBAKY provides an instant reading that you can easily see on the large LCD screen. This unit allows you to easily switch between readings in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- LCD screen is backlit so you can see it in the dark
- includes a 32 memory recall
- you an set the threshold for fever indication
- includes a fever alarm with 3 different color indicators
- unit has an updated sensor system for accuracy
- you can turn the sound on or off
- not designed for use on newborns
- battery cover is difficult to remove when replacing batteries
This forehead thermometer has a simple design that allows you to take readings on the forehead or inside the ear. It has a large screen along with a fever indicator so you can be aware when you need to take your child to the doctor.
7. Metene Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer
The Metene Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer is affordable and accurate. This thermometer has a simple design that makes it easy to use to get a quick temperature read when you need it.
This thermometer from Metene has two different modes so you can use it in the ear or on the forehead. It has two buttons that allows you to easily switch between the modes.
- has a memory function that can store up to 20 readings
- provides a reading within 1 second
- equipped with advanced infrared technology to get accurate readings
- switching from ear to forehead mode is easy
- has a beep that notifies you when it’s done
- this unit has been recommended by experts
- may give different readings on the ear and forehead when taken back to back
- LED screen shuts off very quickly after giving a reading
This thermometer from Metene is affordable and suitable for all ages. It has a backlit screen so you can see the temperature in any light. It can be used in the ear or on the forehead and allows you to switch modes with the push of a button.
6. New Generation Forehead and Ear Thermometer
The New Generation Forehead and Ear Thermometer uses technology and an advanced algorithm to get accurate temperature readings each time. It has a backlit display that makes it easy to see the temperature even in a dark room.
This thermometer from Secret Touch provides you with clinical accuracy and reliability, which is essential when you’re determining if your child has a potentially dangerous fever.
- thermometer can be used on the forehead or in the ear
- includes a mute function for use when your child is sleeping
- can also be used to measure the temperature of a liquid, object, or room
- can be used for infants, children, and adults
- has a memory function that can save 35 previous readings
- includes a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer
- not as fast as some other forehead thermometers
- learning to use the different functions can be challenging
This forehead thermometer can also be used to take temperatures in the ear. It has a backlit screen so you can see the readings, even at night in the dark. It also features color indicator lights based on the reading.
5. Baby Thermometer for Fever
The Baby Thermometer for Fever from iProven is designed to provide consistent and reliable results. This particular thermometer is used and trusted by many pediatrician offices.
This thermometer from iProven can be used to take the temperature on the forehead or in the ear. It has 2 buttons which makes it easy to switch between modes, even when you’re tired at night and taking your child’s temperature in the dark.
- has a backlit digital display so you can see the screen at night
- provides an accurate reading in 1 second
- has a memory function that keeps up to 20 previous readings
- simple design makes it easy to use
- clinically calibrated for clinical use
- can be used for all ages
- you can’t mute the beep feature
- included carrying case is not the best quality
This thermometer from iProven has a 2-button design that allows you to easily switch between ear and forehead modes. It features a beep that lets you know when the unit is done with the accurate reading.
4. Baby Thermometer for Fever
The Baby Thermometer from SANPU helps you always know when your child has a fever. This thermometer can measure the temperature on the forehead or in the ear for accuracy.
The SANPU baby thermometer is appropriate to use for all ages. It’s designed to be reliable and accurate so you never have to worry about not knowing when your child needs to see a doctor related to having a fever.
- you can easily switch between the ear and forehead modes
- high sensitivity sensor provides reliable readings every time
- LED display lets you see the temperature easily
- includes 3 AAA batteries for use
- comes with a 12 month warranty from the manufacturer
- can measure in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- ear test mode can only be used on infants who are 3 months and older
- may give inaccurate readings
This thermometer from SANPU has a simple design with an LED display. It can be used on the forehead or in the ear. It has one simple button that allows you to easily and quickly check your child’s temperature.
3. Mosen Baby Thermometer
The Mosen Baby Thermometer can be used for babies, kids, and adults. This unit uses medical-grade infrared technology to get an accurate reading of your child’s temperature every time you use it.
This thermometer from Mosen features 4 different modes. You can easily switch between the modes with the simple controls on the thermometer.
- can measure the forehead temperature, ear temperature, the temperature of milk, and the ambient temperature
- has a backlit screen with 3 colors to indicate temperature range
- the cover removes easily for use with ear mode
- switches easily between forehead and ear modes
- has been clinically validated for safety and accuracy
- holds the last 32 readings in the memory
- instructions for using the thermometer can be difficult to understand
- may read differently when used on the forehead and in the ear
This thermometer from Mosen can read your child’s temperature in 2 different ways. It uses the latest in infrared technology to provide accurate forehead temperature readings with each use.
2. Caroune Forehead and Ear Thermometer
The Caroune Forehead and Ear Thermometer has infrared technology to accurately read your child’s temporal temperature. This method requires little time and provides consistent results.
This thermometer from Caroune can also be used to read temperatures in your child’s ear. It switches easily from forehead mode to ear mode when you remove the cover.
- has a high accuracy sensor probe
- includes 3 AAA batteries
- comes with the latest advanced smart chip for accurate readings
- comes with a storage bag for convenience
- features a green light, yellow light, and red light to indicate your child’s temperature
- you can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- included instructions can be difficult to understand
- may use batteries more quickly than other thermometers
This thermometer from Caroune is easy to use and designed to be accurate with each use. It can be used on the forehead or in the ear. It reads the temperature quickly and gives a warning red light when your child has a high fever.
1. Vigorun Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer
The Vigorun Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer can be used with all ages. This unit uses digital infrared technology to provide accurate and quick readings each time you use it.
This thermometer from Vigorun provides instant results so you can quickly decide if you child needs to see a doctor. This particular thermometer has been backed by several clinical studies for its accuracy and reliability.
- has a mute mode so you can use it without disturbing your sleeping child
- includes an 18 month replacement warranty
- can hold up to 35 previous readings in the memory
- includes a fever warning system
- has corresponding lights and beeps based on your child’s temperature
- can take forehead, ear, and ambient temperatures
- may not be as accurate when used on the forehead as in the ear
- can run through batteries quickly if used often
This thermometer from Vigorun can read temperatures on the forehead, in the ear, or ambient temperatures around your home. It uses 2 AAA batteries which are included with the thermometer.
An accurate thermometer is a necessity for anyone with young children in the home. Knowing when your child has a fever is essential so you can provide them with the best treatment or take them to the doctor if necessary. Forehead thermometers are very accurate and they’re also extremely easy to use. Most of them are designed to read your child’s temperature in just a few seconds. This is especially helpful with kids who don’t feel well and can’t tolerate another type of thermometer. Having a forehead thermometer with a digital readout is ideal since you’ll always be aware when your child has a fever.
When it comes to choosing the best forehead thermometer, speed of readouts and price can be determining factors. Most forehead thermometers are relatively inexpensive, especially when you take into consideration how useful they are. They make the perfect gift for new parents and are a good option if you’re researching baby shower gifts. It’s helpful to read online reviews from other consumers before you purchase a forehead thermometer as these reviews can provide you with useful information on the accuracy and ease of use of the different options you’re considering for purchase.